lake winni museum logo
Like Us On
Preserving the History & Heritage of Lake Winnipesaukee & Vicinity



Click here to download the actual July, 1918 logbook pages in pdf format.

Return to Acadia

Return to Camps

Return to Main History


July 14, 1918


July 14

Sunday mom we slept an hour later on account of the noisy thunder shower the night "before* It rained most of the morning and after assembly every one wrote, and did various things including piano concerts from 9:00 a.m to 9:00 p.m. No intermission!!

We also had a late dinner and went swimming. The most exciting event of the day consisted in a "powder fight" between Rooms, "Dangerous Wild Animals Keep Out," and "Closed for Repairs." The weapons used were eight varieties of highly scented powder. The battle lasted for 15 to 20 minutes and most of the fighting was done in "Closed for Repairs." When the air was so thick it could be cut with a knife and air and breaths were coming far between the fighting stopped by word from Generalissima Quimby.

"Wiggle" was served on the side porch and three glasses of milk managed to tip over.

Dorothy Sprague

Home | About Us | Museum | News | History | Bingo | Shop | Membership | Contact | You Can Help!

The Lake Winnipesaukee Historical Society is a non-profit organization.